Haddock, .lhs, and GHC

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Mon Jun 16 10:39:22 EDT 2008

> I never thought about that.  I've been using Setup.hs with "#!/usr/bin/env
> runhaskell" and never had any problems.
>
> I guess the only thing that would be gained by using Setup.lhs is the
> ability to compile the setup program.  Is that something that's commonly
> done?

That's what I do. My normal install procedure is:
  ghc --make setup
  setup configure
  setup build
  setup install

If only takes a couple of seconds for ghc to compile setup, and then
it runs instantly. If I was to use runghc then it would recompile (in
ghci) for each invocation.

I use #! in Setup.hs (non-lit) and it compiles fine, so no worries there either.

Alistair