Success report: Leopard powerpc

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Tue Mar 18 05:58:27 EDT 2008

Alfonso Acosta wrote:

> It would be awsome if a PPC/Lepoard installation package was made
> available from GHC's page.

I can offer
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agbkb/forschung/formal_methods/CoFI/hets/mac/ghcs/ghc-6.8.2-powerpc-apple-darwin-static-libs.tar.bz2
but also see http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2031

I've also made a binary-dist that uses the GMP and GNUreadline frameworks
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agbkb/forschung/formal_methods/CoFI/hets/mac/ghcs/ghc-6.8.2-powerpc-apple-darwin-leopard.tar.bz2

I've tried to compile it on leopard to be useable on tiger, too, by using:

SRC_HC_OPTS += -optc-isysroot -optc/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
-optl-isysroot -optl/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
-optl-macosx_version_min=10.4
-optl-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk

But it still does not run under tiger.

While it compiles and links on tiger, the dynamic linker complains when
starting the binary (see below), although the symbol _alloc_blocks is
part of the created binary (by inspecting it using "nm").

So, use the above binary-dists at your own risk.

I've still no idea, what kind of libs for gmp and readline I should use:
static ones, frameworks, or dylibs installed under /opt/local/lib (or
possibly elsewhere)

Cheers Christian

bigmac:/local/home/maeder/haskell/uni maeder$ ghc --make -no-recomp Setup.hs
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( Setup.hs, Setup.o )
Linking Setup ...
bigmac:/local/home/maeder/haskell/uni maeder$ ./Setup
dyld: Symbol not found: _alloc_blocks
  Referenced from: /local/home/maeder/haskell/uni/./Setup
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap