6.6.1 vs 6.8.2 --- Re: large binary footprint ?

HP Wei hp at rentec.com
Wed May 7 17:04:41 EDT 2008

I convinced myself that the ~500kbytes for the
'hello' code is 'correct' in version 6.6.1.
[ The exact size on the platform mentioned below
  is 422k. ]

Looks like version 6.8.2 blows up the binary code size
significantly --- 3.9Mbytes vs 0.422Mbytes.

Is this a known issue with 6.8.2 ?
Is it a specific platform dependent issue --- i.e.
does it occur on linux machines ??

--hp