Performance: Faster to define a function writing out all arguments?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu May 8 04:41:13 EDT 2008

Hi

>  And strangely enough on my machine 1) is faster by a few percent than

Consider a few percent to be "noise". It may not really be a faster
result, and it may not have anything to do with what you wrote.

> A few percent might seem unimportant, but I am
> currently developing my Haskell style. And I want to write efficient code by
> default, if that doesn't lead to obfuscation.

Write clear code by default - GHC can usually make the leap between
clear and efficient. You may want to read
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Performance - but if you are developing
your Haskell style I'd not bother yet.

Thanks

Neil