How MD are .hi files?

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Mon May 12 15:57:33 EDT 2008

Hi,

for an unregisterised ghc-6.8.2 (or newer), are the .hi files
dependent (except for the 32 vs. 64 bit word size)? I had a quick
look at the stuff in compiler/iface, but the only MD part I found
was that 32/64 bit difference.

TIA

Ciao,
	Kili

ps: if you think this sounds like a complete newbie question, you're
right; I've been far too busy hacking on boring stuff like Makefiles,
and didn't have time to look at the interesting code (i.e. ghc
itself). My knowledge of ghc's internals is at the state of 1998,
or even older, I really don't remember ;-)

--
Options are good. As long as they are optional.
		-- Artur Grabowski