ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.3 Release Candidate

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu May 29 06:19:31 EDT 2008

A Mac installer version of the release candidate for Intel/Leopard
Macs is at

   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/GHC-6.8.2.20080529-i386.pkg

This version of GHC includes neither editline nor readline at the
moment (this will be fixed for the final release).  It also only works
for Leopard (MacOS X 10.5) as I haven't managed to get cross compiling
for older OS versions fully functional yet.

In any case, please test this if you have an Intel/Leopard Mac and are
interested in a one-click installer with no dependencies other than a
recent version of Xcode.

The packages comes with an uninstall script located at

   /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Tools/Uninstaller

It will overwrite other 6.8.x versions of GHC installed from an
installer package, but peacefully coexist with other distributions of
6.8 and with GHC versions other than 6.8 independent of how they were
installed.

Manuel