ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.10.1 RC 1

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Oct 8 16:09:39 EDT 2008

We are pleased to announce that the GHC 6.10.0.20081007 snapshot is the
first release candidate for GHC 6.10.1.

You can download the release candidate from here:
    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/6.10.1-rc-1/rc.html
This page includes:
* a Windows installer
* an OS X installer
* bindists for amd64/Linux and ix86/Linux
* the sources

There is also a status page here:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GHC-6.10.1
where we will keep track of where the RC works, and where it is known to
have problems. This is a wiki page, so please feel free to update it if
you are able to add or update the information on a particular platform.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

We hope that we will be able to make the final release in around one
weeks time, but of course that may slip if problems are uncovered.

Thanks
Ian, on behalf of the GHC team