How to directly strip ghc generated binaries

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Sep 15 01:03:23 EDT 2008

leledumbo_cool:
> Don Stewart-2 wrote:
> >
> > Use cabal to build your application. It strips the applications for you,
> > in a portable manner.
> >
> Even if it's only a single module program? That's far too complicated!

It depends on if you want to deploy the code, and if you want to do it
portably.

Since you're stripping, I guess you do want to deploy. So for that you
need a build system.

Here, an example. A single module program, that uses cabal.

    http://code.haskell.org/~dons/code/rss2irc/

As a result, it can be widely distributed from hackage, or natively
packaged, or what not.

                             Cabal is easy.

-- Don