GHC 6.8.3's source is unusable?

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 00:14:20 EDT 2008

Excerpts from Magicloud Magiclouds's message of Sun Sep 21 21:19:00 -0500 2008:
> Hi,
>     I want to compile ghc on my office box, which does not have any
> binary ghc exist.

First, porting with an unregistered build is currently supported from
GHC 6.4 to GHC 6.6 - it does not work in 6.8 nor will it work in 6.10
(ghc is getting a new build system and other nice stuff so hopefully
it will be in 6.12.)

Try with something like

http://haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.4.2/ghc-6.4.2-src.tar.bz2

Of course, you must be able to build 6.4.2 on your host machine as
well - if you are using Linux this shouldn't be a problem.

Austin