Unable to compile ghc from darcs

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 12:12:20 EDT 2009

    Simon> start with 'darcs w' - I noticed you had a 1-line change to
    Simon> GHC.hs, what was that?  Also you had a local patch

You can see it in the diff below. But as the diff is not complete,
it's not very informative.

    Simon> "Incorporated ESC/Haskell", perhaps that made some changes?

Yes, but I can't see how they could affect haddock.

Here is the output of darcs w. I don't see anything that explains the
problem. But it is not conatinging the full history of changes from
the online repository.:

hunk ./compiler/ghc.cabal.in 68
+    Build-Depends: parsec >= 2.1 && < 3
hunk ./compiler/ghc.cabal.in 452
-	Verify
-	BasicAbs
-	EscSyn
+        Verify
+        BasicAbs
+        EscSyn
hunk ./compiler/ghc.cabal.in 457
-	HsContract
-	TcHsContract
+        HsContract
+        TcHsContract
hunk ./compiler/main/DynFlags.hs 143
+   | Opt_D_dump_vr
+   | Opt_D_dump_vr_trace
hunk ./compiler/main/DynFlags.hs 963
+  | CoreDoVerify Int 		-- the Int: unrolling depth during CEG unrolling
+  | CoreDoVerifyWOThmProver Int	-- the Int: unrolling depth during CEG unrolling
hunk ./compiler/main/GHC.hs 1228
+  mg_contracts = emptyContractEnv,
hunk ./compiler/main/HscTypes.lhs 1019
-	mg_contracts :: !ContractEnv,    -- contracts {-# CONTRACT f :: {x | x>0} -> {r | r > x} #-}
+	mg_contracts :: !ContractEnv,     -- ^ contracts {-# CONTRACT f :: {x | x>0} -> {r | r > x} #-}
hunk ./compiler/rename/RnSource.lhs 19
+                          extendLocalRdrEnv,
hunk ./compiler/rename/RnSource.lhs 55
+import HsContract
+
hunk ./compiler/simplCore/SimplCore.lhs 183
-doCorePass (CoreDoVerify n)            = {-# SCC "Verification" #-} ^I$
-                                         verifyBinds n
+--doCorePass (CoreDoVerify n)            = {-# SCC "Verification" #-} ^I$
+--                                         verifyBinds n
hunk ./compiler/simplCore/SimplCore.lhs 186
-doCorePass (CoreDoVerifyWOThmProver n) = {-# SCC "VerifyWOProver" #-}   $
-                                         verifyBindsWOThmProver n

--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire