Extensible Exceptions and IO

Alexander Dunlap alexander.dunlap at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:18:43 EDT 2009

In the extensible exceptions paper[1], which I believe is the guide
behind the current Control.Exception in GHC 6.10, a SomeIOException
type is discussed so that it would be possible to use the nice
interface for IOExceptions. Is this implemented anywhere? In the GHC
libraries, all I see is the old interface just plugged into a simple
wrapper, so you have to use guard . isDoesNotExistError (for example)
with catchJust to catch a certain type of exception. If not, are there
any plans to implement it?

Alex