Compiler optimizations questions for ghc 6.10...

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:48:10 EST 2009

Well I actually did, almost. I added this function:

quotX :: Int -> Int -> Int
a `quotX` b
   | b == 0                     = error "divZeroError"
   | b == (-1) && a == minBound = error "overflowError"
   | otherwise                  =  a `quotInt` b

It does the right thing. However to be sure that this doesn't
interfere with some other GHC magic the real quot function have to be
changed and tested. I haven't build GHC from source for 2-3 years now
and I don't have the time to do it just to test whether this works.

Regards,
  Krasimir