testsuite boot failure [was: Re: Solaris/x86 bot failing on stage2 haddock installation.]

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Sun Jan 11 17:04:05 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:36:56PM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> > A fix from Conal Elliott has already been pushed by Ian.
>
> Indeed! Now compilation aborts on "booting" testsuite with following output:
>
> make: Entering directory `/buildbot/ghc/kgardas/build/testsuite'
> make: *** No rule to make target `boot'.  Stop.
> make: Leaving directory `/buildbot/ghc/kgardas/build/testsuite'

This is strange:

$ darcs changes --last=1
Sat Jan 10 22:42:04 CET 2009  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
  * Add a boot target, and tidy up the Makefile a bit

Yet the file in question (testsuite/mk/test.mk) isn't included by
testsuite/Makefile nor testsuite/mk/boilerplate.mk.

Did I ever complain about how broken the ghc build system is? ;-)

Ciao,
	Kili