buildFdSets: file descriptor out of range
Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 )
kazu at iij.ad.jp
Tue Jul 14 21:48:11 EDT 2009
If this is not a right place to ask this question, please tell me
another place to ask.
I'm developing a mail server with GHC 6.10.3 on Linux. The server is
running well at the beginning. But after several hours, it receives an
error, "buildFdSets: file descriptor out of range".
Please tell me what happened? And please suggest me how to fix this
Here is brief description of the server.
- linked with ADNS.
- complied with the -threaded option since ADNS requires it.
- uses forkIO to produce threads.
- does not use "deamonize" of System.Posix.Daemonize since it uses
forkProcess. I execute my server as foreground process.
- Because there are so many nasty SMTP clients, most SMTP
connections are time out. Handles of the SMTP connections
disappear, so I cannot use "hClose" to close the handles.
- pushes the limit of file descriptors to 65536 with setResourceLimit.
More information about the Glasgow-haskell-users