HPC gives spurious results if sources are compiled with -cpp

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Sat Jul 18 04:38:03 EDT 2009

Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 04:05:14PM +0000, Dominic Steinitz wrote:
>> Simon Marlow <marlowsd <at> gmail.com> writes:

>>> What's the symptom?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> 	Simon
>>>
>> I hit "New Bug" and get
>>
>> TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation
>>
>> If I then hit "login" I get a Create New Ticket screen.
>>
>> I then fill in the details and hit submit and I get
>>
>> TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation
>>
>> and all my details are lost :-(
>
> I've explicitly added "dominic" and "Dominic" to group "user", but I
> don't think that should be necessary.
>
> If that doesn't fix it then my guess would be that you have some sort of
> firewall or HTTP proxy that is fiddling with the cookie data.
>
> When you log in, does trac say "logged in as ...", or does it still look
> like you are not logged in?
>

> Thanks
> Ian

Ian,

We are behind a proxy and a firewall so that's the most likely
explanation. I don't think I have a problem logging in to other sites
(I'm sure I would have noticed). I'm not in work now so I can't try
anything out. I know I have to set up various darcs environment
variables at work to get darcs to work (DARCS_PROXYUSERPWD is one and
there may be another).

Thanks for investigating, Dominic.