more binary dists Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.10.4

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Jul 24 11:18:43 EDT 2009

Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:35:07AM +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:
>> Ian Lynagh wrote:
>>>    ==============================================================
>>>     The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 6.10.4
>>>    ==============================================================
>>> Packages will appear as they are built - if the package for your
>>> system isn't available yet, please try again later.
>> I've built [bindists]
>
> Thanks! All now added to the download page.

Could you also remove (or correct) the line
"It needs libncurses.5.dylib and libgmp.3.dylib under /opt/local/lib/"
for both Mac dists, because I've included gmp statically.

The two dists only rely on libiconv.2.dylib and libncurses.5.4.dylib
(and libSystem.B.dylib and libgcc_s.1.dylib) which should be under
/usr/lib/.

Cheers Christian

P.S. I think, you can simply remove libgmp.a from a ghc installation and
try to link your own binaries dynamically against your own libgmp.3.dylib