more binary dists Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.10.4

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun Jul 26 09:10:02 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 04:39:53PM +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:
> Ian Lynagh wrote:
> >> This error refers to the line
> >>
> >>   $(eval $(call canonicalise,PREFIX))
> >>
> >> in timeout/Makefile.
> >
> > Hmm, this test:
> > -------------
> > HAVE_EVAL := NO
> > $(eval HAVE_EVAL := YES)
> >
> > ifeq "$(HAVE_EVAL)" "NO"
> > $(error Your make does not support eval. You need GNU make >= 3.80)
> > endif
> > -------------
> > in testsuite/mk/boilerplate.mk is supposed to fail if running the
> > testsuite would fail, so I don't know what's gone wrong there. If you
> > work out what else is breaking then let me know and we can add a test
> > for it.
>
> eval works, but abspath does not!

Does make give the expected abspath error with this patch to testsuite/?

hunk ./mk/boilerplate.mk 8
-$(error Your make does not support eval. You need GNU make >= 3.80)
+$(error Your make does not support eval. You need GNU make >= 3.81)
+endif
+
+ifeq "$(abspath /)" ""
+$(error Your make does not support abspath. You need GNU make >= 3.81)

Thanks
Ian