Cygwin version

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Sun Mar 8 19:46:07 EDT 2009

On 2009-03-08, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> if you follow those steps, but then don't override the host in the
> ./configure step to just let it pick up the cygwin environment will it
> work properly?
>
>         John

No:

    Configuring extensible-exceptions-0.1.0.0...
    cabal-bin.exe: Cannot find the program 'ghc' at
    '/c/bin/ghc-6.10.1.20090308/bin/ghc' or on the path

'ldd libraries/cabal-bin.exe' finds no cygwin dependencies;
everything points to /c/WINDOWS/system32. I presume that
the mingw-ghc used the include mingw gcc, not cygwin's gcc.
Indeed, I tried deleting that file, and got:

    ghc.exe: could not execute: C:\bin\ghc-6.10.1.20090308\gcc

It doesn't seem like it will build cygwin programs.

--
Stop Gnomes and other pests! Purchase Windows today!