Under OS X 10.5.6: GHC 6.10.1 Release Candidate 1

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Wed Mar 18 06:51:31 EDT 2009

I built ghc-6.10.1.20090314 on OS X 10.5.6 (Intel) using ghc 6.8.2 as
a bootstrap compiler.  The build was done using the MacPorts
infrastructure.

Summary test results:

OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Tue Mar 17 15:31:38 EDT 2009
     2334 total tests, which gave rise to
    12487 test cases, of which
        0 caused framework failures
     2460 were skipped

     9709 expected passes
      258 expected failures
        0 unexpected passes
       60 unexpected failures

Unexpected failures:
    2469(ghci)
    apirecomp001(normal)

bits
(normal
,optc,hpc,optasm,profc,profasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2,profthreaded)
    conc049(hpc)
    conc068(normal)
    derefnull(profc,profthreaded)
    divbyzero(profc,profthreaded)

genUpTo
(normal
,optc,hpc,optasm,profc,profasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2,profthreaded)
    length001(optc,hpc,optasm,profc,profasm,threaded2,profthreaded)

num009
(normal
,optc,hpc,optasm,profc,profasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2,profthreaded)

num012
(normal
,optc,hpc,optasm,profc,profasm,ghci,threaded1,threaded2,profthreaded)
    signals002(ghci)
    signals004(ghci,threaded1,threaded2,profthreaded)

I haven't looked at the errors in detail, but generally the release
candidate
seems OK.

BTW, a test target will be added to MacPorts's portfile for the 6.10.2
release, which will
let you run the test suite by typing

	> sudo port test ghc

and if you then install the tested build, a record of the test will be
saved in
$PREFIX/share/ghc-<version>/.

Best Wishes,
Greg