ghc 6.10.3-prerelease failed build log for freebsd7.2

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Wed May 6 16:14:17 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 08:48:04PM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> H Kili,
>
> On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 09:36:00PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> >
> > In your case, it doesn't find libiconv, thus isn't built, and causes
> > failure later. In my case (a buildbot running OpenBSD-4.5 on i386),
> > the haskeline build itself fails (see `kili-stable' on
> > darcs.haskell.org/buildbots),
>
> Is iconv installed somewhere on that machine? If so, where is it?
> (both the library and the header file)

Binary in /usr/local/bin/iconv, library in /usr/local/lib, header
in /usr/local/include.

The strange thing isn't that it isn't detected correctly (linking
is done a little bit differently on OpenBSD, you have to explicitely
specify depending libs), but that the overall build doesn't fail
on my fast build machine at home (which i still have to turn into
a buildslave)

Anyway, i'll look into this next weekend. Don't hold back the release
because of this. For FreeBSD, there should be no problem to add
some small patches (or probably just some additional arguments to
configure), and for OpenBSD, ir just doesn't matter (because I'll
wait for ghc 6.12 with our port).

Ciao,
	Kili

--
Automake and autoconf deserve to wither and die, but unfortunately noone
at GNU seems to make much of an effort to euthanasize them.