Mac OS X 64bit unregisterised port

austin s as at nijoruj.org
Fri May 22 18:50:00 EDT 2009

Excerpts from Ian Lynagh's message of Fri May 22 07:01:45 -0500 2009:

> Hi all,
>
> There is an unregisterised bindist for Mac OS X 64bit here:
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/ports/ghc-6.11.20090521-x86_64-apple-dar
> win.tar.bz2
>

> Thanks
> Ian

Hello Ian,

I'm currently the owner of trac 2965, which is a task for a full,
registered OS X x86_64 port - from my understanding and reading of
cvs-ghc (amongst other things,) the runtime system still needs to be
split and modified to support 64bit OS X before we can get a
registered port.

With this unregistered port you've made available, we should be well
on our way to doing this, correct? (if so, I would like to start
working on a registered x86_64 port.)

Austin