GHCI :reload module without erasing previous data

Michael Serdar michael.serdar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:28:33 EST 2009

I have a module that loads several dozen megabytes of static data into
memory. This module is working properly. I have another module that I'm
developing to analyze that data. As I make iterations on the analysis
module, I would like it if the data loaded by the data module could stay in
memory.

In GHCI, every time I reload a module, it clears whatever data I have set
with the "let" command. Is there a way to persist that data across calls to
:reload, or is there an altogether different workflow I should be using for
this?