Snow Leopard GHC

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Sep 27 07:38:53 EDT 2009

Simon Marlow:
> On 24/09/2009 23:54, Barney Stratford wrote:
>> I've tried just letting the dynamic linker (dyld) sort everything out
>> for us, but this failed because not all symbols are dynamically
>> linked,
>> and the statically linked ones are invisible to it.
>>
>> One change that will be necessary in any case: towards the end of
>> rts/Linker.c, change
>> case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED:
>> ASSERT(reloc->r_pcrel);
>> thing += value - baseValue;
>> break;

>> case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED:
>> case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED_1:
>> case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED_2:
>> case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED_4:
>> ASSERT(reloc->r_pcrel);
>> thing += value - baseValue;
>> break;
>
> Manuel, maybe you could validate and push this one?

I am happy to take care of funnelling Barney's changes into the main
repo.  However, I think there was at least one more mentioned in
another email.

Barney, do you have a comprehensive set of the changes that you made
(ideally against the HEAD repo, or a nightly snapshot, but if that's
difficult, then against 6.10)?  And did you try to run the testsuite http://darcs.haskel.org/testsuite
  with the compiler that you generated?

Manuel