GHC internal error

Philip Weaver philip.weaver at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:05:22 EDT 2010

Yes, I can do that.  However, I'm hoping to narrow it down a lot more so
that I can file a more useful bug report.

Since sending my last email, I have learned a bit more:

I was using 'fail' (the Monad being ReaderT . StateT . ST) to report errors.
 If I replace 'fail msg' with 'error msg' or 'return (error msg)', then the
aforementioned internal error does not occur.

In some cases, the program dies with the aforementioned error.  In other
cases, it segfaults.

- Philip