New trac policy

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Apr 30 15:00:14 EDT 2010

Hi all,

We have made some changes to the way in which we use trac, our bug
tracker. The details are all documented here:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/WorkingConventions#TheBugTracker
but the highlights are below.

We no longer have branch milestones (like 6.12-branch). Instead, we will
make better use of the ticket priorities to differentiate tickets:
* highest priority tickets are blockers for that release
* high priority tickets are those that we also plan to fix before releasing
* we will also try to fix as many lower priority tickets as possible

Any tickets that are more than 2 major releases old (e.g. filed against
6.10, when 6.14 is about to be released) will be moved to the _|_
milestone, unless there is reason to keep them more visible (e.g. a
patch attached for review, or significant support in the CC field).

Thanks
Ian