New codegen failing test-cases

Ben Lippmeier benl at ouroborus.net
Mon Dec 6 03:40:13 CET 2010

On 06/12/2010, at 1:19 PM, David Terei wrote:

> I haven't looked at these branches for a fair few weeks, the problem
> when they fail to build usually is because all the libraries are just
> set to follow HEAD, they're not actually branched themselves, just the
> ghc compiler. So there are probably some patches from ghc HEAD that
> need to be pulled in to sync the compiler with the libs again. If you
> want to do some work on the new codegen the first step is to try to
> pull in all the patches from ghc HEAD, synchronise the branch. Its not
> a fun job but GHC HQ wants to try to merge in all the new codegen
> stuff to HEAD asap.
>>
>> libraries/dph/dph-par/../dph-common/Data/Array/Parallel.hs:1:14:
>>    Unsupported extension: ParallelArrays
>> make[1]: *** [libraries/dph/dph-par/dist-install/build/.depend-v.haskell] Error 1
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> I can debug this further if you want me to.

We renamed the -XPArr language flag to -XParallelArrays. There was a patch to ghc-head that you'll have to pull or port across.

We're still actively working on DPH, and changes to the compiler often entail changes to the libraries.  If you haven't branched the libraries then your build is going to break on a weekly basis.

Ben.