DPH and CUDA status

Scott Michel scooter.phd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:14:44 EST 2010

Are you also planning a LLVM backend for ghc, in a general sense, or just
for the accelerated work you're doing? It seems to me that ghc itself could
be well served with a LLVM backend, especially if one relies on the JIT
mode. That could help identify code paths in the core and runtime that are
infrequently used, further optimizing ghc's overall performance.

That's the gist behind Latter's work to accelerate the OpenGL stack on Mac
OS. The LLVM JIT determines which code paths are actually taken, generating
code for only those paths.

-scooter

PS: I do stand behind my assertion regarding the Cell. I'm the CellSPU
backend hacker for LLVM and I've pretty much stopped work on it because IBM
has more or less killed the chip.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Manuel M T Chakravarty <chak at cse.unsw.edu.au