Still causes segfault.

PHO pho at cielonegro.org
Mon Feb 8 10:06:06 EST 2010

From: Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Still causes segfault.
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:19:01 +0000

> On 05/02/2010 17:51, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
>> --- Begin forwarded message from Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva ---
>> From: Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva<marcot at riseup.net>

{snip}

>> I just tested building ghc6-6.12.1-4_powerpc with a registered build,
>> that is,
>> without those lines from debian/rules that make an unregistered build,
>> and got
>> a segfault just after running inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --interactive.
>>
>> Just confirming that this bug is still present in this version.
>
> Any PowerPC hackers out there want to take a look at this?  It would
> be a shame if GHC was fatally broken on PowerPC due to some small or
> easily fixable bug.  The only reason we don't support PowerPC is lack
> of resources, but we're more than happy to provide help/advice to
> anyone who wants to work on PowerPC support.

I'm using GHC 6.12.1 on powerpc-apple-darwin (Leopard). It works
almost perfectly except for just one problem that HSghc-6.12.1.o is
unavailable because of a limitation of static linker. See:

Unfortunately I can't easily try out any Linux/PPC systems for now.
 - PHO -                         http://cielonegro.org/
OpenPGP public key: 1024D/1A86EF72
Fpr: 5F3E 5B5F 535C CE27 8254  4D1A 14E7 9CA7 1A86 EF72