Easily generating efficient instances for classes

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:57:56 EST 2010

Hello Christian,

> I am thinking about how to easily generate instances for a class. Each

it's called generic programing. just a few overviews on this topic:

Libraries for Generic Programming in Haskell
http://www.cs.uu.nl/research/techreps/repo/CS-2008/2008-025.pdf

Comparing Approaches to Generic Programming in Haskell
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~johanj/publications/ComparingGP.pdf

Derive package is probably the easiest way

Template Haskell is also good although a bit too complex. my own pets:
http://www.haskell.org/bz/th3.htm
http://www.haskell.org/bz/thdoc.htm

--
Best regards,