Massive slowdown in mwc-random after switching to use of primitive package

Dan Doel dan.doel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 20:56:13 EDT 2010

On Sunday 11 July 2010 1:31:23 pm Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> This is the first I've heard of this.  Do you have a test case that shows
> up the problem?  Then we can put it in the regression tests so it won't go
> wrong again.

That depends on what dependencies you're willing to accept. I think all the
mutable algorithms in vector-algorithms are affected (I first discovered the
problem after porting my benchmarks), so if you don't mind depending on vector
and vector-algorithms, it shouldn't be hard to write one.

If something stand-alone is required, I (at least) don't have anything
prepared at the moment.

-- Dan