How easy is it to build a GHC cross compiler targeting Windows?

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 10:48:32 EDT 2010

On 16/06/2010 15:38, MH wrote:
> I have installed SUSE-10.2 with all mingw packages in my Virtualbox and
> ready to start working. Would it be possible to provide a quick step by
> step overview of what should be done? I've never done anything of that
> sort and have no idea where to start.

You would start with

   perl boot
   ./configure --build=i386-unknown-linux --host=i386-unknown-mingw32
--target=i386-unknown-mingw32 --with-gcc=something

and then see what breaks.  We probably don't distinguish between the
host platform gcc and the cross-compiler gcc in the build system, that
will probably cause difficulties.