Modules and their explicit export lists (are an annoyance)

Roman Beslik beroal at ukr.net
Sat Jun 19 16:29:54 EDT 2010

Hi, Christian. Here is my humble and somewhat vague thoughts. I think
that export list is reasonable for commonly used and stable (ancient)
library. Export list is a contract between library's author and user.
Though current Haskell rules force author to have one and only one
contract with all the people in the world. E.g. in law there is no such
restriction. Assuming that (using/not using) an unstable function in the
library is responsibility of library's user (not author), there may be:
- declaration "import hidden" for importing everything;
- compiler option for banning "import hidden";
- several export lists (in separate files) for different type of users.

--
Best regards,
   Roman Beslik.