Cutting down GHC installation to bare minimum

Scott Michel scooter.phd at gmail.com
Mon May 3 01:58:56 EDT 2010

This is a fascinating argument for the Haskell platform vs. a port-directed
installation system.

Consider if you wanted to customize GHC or another Haskell environment to an
embedded system (e.g., prototype embedded flight software for a space
vehicle)? What would the "bare minimum" core be? How would one go about
achieving that with the current GHC build system? What does an embedded
Haskell environment look like and how does one reliably package it?

Actually, the question isn't so far fetched. NASA was flying variants of
Lisp in the early 90s.

-scooter