Parallel Haskell: 2-year project to push real world use

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon May 3 05:12:54 EDT 2010

| Does this mean DPH is ready for abuse?
|
| The wiki page sounds pretty tentative, but it looks like it's been awhile
| since it's been updated.
|
| http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/Data_Parallel_Haskell

In truth, nested data parallelism has taken longer than we'd hoped to be ready for abuse :-).   We have not lost enthusiasm though -- Manual, Roman, Gabi, Ben, and I talk on the phone each week about it.  I think we'll have something usable by the end of the summer.

Meanwhile, as Duncan mentioned, the regular, shape-polymorphic data-parallel Repa library (described in our ICFP submission) is on Hackage, so you can certainly try that!