Parallel Haskell: 2-year project to push real world use

Ben Lippmeier benl at ouroborus.net
Mon May 3 20:20:49 EDT 2010

You can certainly create an array with these values, but in the provided code it looks like each successive array element has a serial dependency on the previous two elements. How were you expecting it to parallelise?

Repa arrays don't support visible destructive update. For many algorithms you should't need it, and it causes problems for parallelisation.

I'm actively writing more Repa examples now.  Can you sent me some links explaining the algorithm that you're using, and some example data + output?

Thanks,
Ben.