Parallel Haskell: 2-year project to push real world use

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:24:19 EDT 2010

> From: Roman Leshchinskiy <rl at cse.unsw.edu.au>

Following on this discussion, I have an algorithm that currently uses
BLAS to do the heavy work.  I'd like to try to get it working with DPH
or Repa, although my prior attempts have been less than successful.

I have a vector of vectors where each element depends upon the
previous two; I can use zipWithP to generate each successive element,
but I don't see how to create the entire structure.  I could use
"unfold" if one were provided.  The best approach I can think of is to
create a sequential list of element-vectors.

Also, where is scanP?  I don't see it in Data.Array.Parallel.Prelude
(GHC-6.12.1).

Cheers,
John