context-stack GHC 7.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 14:49:56 EDT 2010

I was running into a similar issue and haven't noticed a dramatic
improvement with the latest changes. The number of ticks taken to compile
are approximately the same before and after the latest patch. However the
system still compiles just fine with a context stack of 200. Which is OK by
me.

The system I'm working with uses functional dependencies and type families
w/ type equalities. Could I improve the performance of my system by
replacing the functional dependencies with type families & type equalities?

The part of the system that uses functional dependencies is monad-param:
 http://hackage.haskell.org/package/monad-param

<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/monad-param>The other part of the system
I can't release the source to yet. :-\ I know, not very useful.

-Corey O'Connor
coreyoconnor at gmail.com
http://www.coreyoconnor.com