Interruptible GHC

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 11 02:59:01 EDT 2010

So I did a writeup of what I thought might be the next direction to
go with the interruptible patch:

    http://blog.ezyang.com/2010/09/towards-platform-agnostic-interruptibility/

The really interesting bit (which I didn't cover) is what information
to give to the user functioSo I did a writeup of what I thought might be the next direction to
go with the interruptible patch:

    http://blog.ezyang.com/2010/09/towards-platform-agnostic-interruptibility/

The really interesting bit (which I didn't cover) is what information
to give to the user function.  It needs to be somewhat under the
hood: if someone wants to pthread_cancel they need to know what the pthreads
ID is; if they want to transmit a Windows event they need some way to get
a hold of the event handle associated with the foreign call.

Edward