GHCJS

John Lask jvlask at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 06:56:56 CEST 2011

On 3/08/2011 2:10 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 00:31, John Lask<jvlask at hotmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> What is really required is a "pluggable" back-end infrastructure - whereby
>> various back-ends could be maintained (or not) at the discretion of their
>> originators and separate to the official ghc back-ends.
>>

> I guess I'm confused; I thought the current back-end system *was* that kind
> of pluggable architecture.  I recall a JVM backend being proposed based on
> it some time back.

my thoughts of pluggable infrastructure include consideration of ffi
bindings and library integration as well as command line options i.e. as
discussed in this thread with respect of GHC-JS, rather than just
backend code generation - i.e. considerations of broader scope than
those currently handled.