ghc trac login and email verification

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:42:45 CET 2011

On 01/02/2011 03:28, John Lask wrote:
> relating to the ghc trac discussion ...
>
> for some time I have had a ghc trac login, but every time I login it
> asks for an email verification token
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/verify_email) but no token has ever
> been sent to me, nor when I change my email or request a resend is one
> sent. I am convinced that there is something wrong with the ghc trac
> config.

I just tested this with a fresh account on a fresh Firefox profile, and
it worked fine, the verification email came through immediately and Trac
accepted the token.

Maybe the email is getting dropped somewhere between hackage.haskell.org
and your email account?

> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/trac/ghc/register is broken as well.

Where did you find that URL?  The correct one is:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/register