RFC: migrating to git

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jan 11 05:01:43 CET 2011

I agree with Roman's position.  I would prefer to stay with darcs (it has its advantages and disadvantages, but has definitely been improving much in the past).

In any case, all of GHC including all dependencies must be available and patchable with a *single* VCS.  Mixing VCS' will lead to madness.

Manuel

PS: This talk about contributing to a project if it changes its VCS seems a bit lame to me.  You contribute to a project in a serious way because you care about the project and because you need whatever improvements you are implementing, not because you like the VCS.

Roman Leshchinskiy: