ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.4 Release Candidate 1

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Jun 3 19:18:15 CEST 2011

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.0.4:

    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.0.4-rc1/

This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/FreeBSD and i386/FreeBSD.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

Release notes:

    * A floating point regression in 7.0.3 affecting x86 has been
      fixed (#5149).
    * The GHCi linker now handles partially stripped object files
      (#5004). This fixes loading the ghc package in ghci when it's
      been stripped, which is often the case in Linux distribution
      packages.
    * A runtime system bug with large heaps has been fixed (#5086).
    * A runtime system bug when heap profiling has been fixed (#5127).
    * A runtime system bug when heap profiling has been fixed (#5127).
    * A runtime system bug, which caused incorrect results and segfaults
      when using FFI callbacks, has been fixed.
    * A runtime system bug, which occasionally caused parallel programs
      to <<loop>> when using -feager-blackholing, has been fixed (#5226).
    * Incorrect directory permissions when installing have been fixed
      (#4982).
    * Some improvements have been made to the new Cabal testsuite support.
    * Cabal is now 1.10.2.0 (was 1.10.1.0).

Thanks
Ian, on behalf of the GHC team