Experiencing libffi related problem with GHC HEAD on Ubuntu 11.04

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:19:29 CEST 2011

Has anyone seen this one before?

   # libffi.so needs to be built with the correct soname.
    # NOTE: this builds libffi_convience.so with the incorrect
    # soname, but we don't need that anyway!
    cd libffi && \
       "cp" build/libtool build/libtool.orig; \
      sed -e s/soname_spec=.*/soname_spec="libHSffi-ghc7.1.20110609.so<http://libhsffi-ghc7.1.20110609.so/>"/
build/libtool.orig > build/libtool
    cp: cannot stat `build/libtool': No such file or directory
    sed: can't read build/libtool.orig: No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [libffi/stamp.ffi.configure] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [all_libffi] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/newton/build/haskell2/ghc-validate'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks,
  -Ryan

P.S. It's not new.  I just did a "git pull origin master && ./sync-all pull
origin master" and got this error but I also got the same error on this
machine back on June 9th.
   However, this package has built GHC HEAD in the past.  It has the
standard ubuntu libffi-dev and libffi5 packages installed.