repa: fromVector

Christian Höner zu Siederdissen choener at tbi.univie.ac.at
Thu May 19 12:27:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to use repa in a rather perverted mode, I guess:

for my programs I need to be able to update arrays in place and
repeatedly perform operations on them.
Right now, it basically works like this (in ST):

- create unboxed space using "primitive" (same as unboxed vectors)
- unsafefreeze unboxed space
- perform calculations on frozen, immutable space
- write result into mutable space (which is shared with the unsafefrozen
  space)

- In principle, this should work with repa as well, I think. The
  question is: does "Repa.Internals.Base.fromVector" any copying, or
  does it just use the unboxed vector as-is internally?

should I expect any problems? ;-)

Gruss,
Christian