Compiling using gmake

Christian Brolin cbrolin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 00:41:25 CET 2011

Hello

I try to set-up a gnu makefile for compiling Haskell programs with GHC.
I want to generate dependencies automatically and I want to put my
object (.o) files in a binary specifc directories to be able to compile
for different architechtures. The problem is when GHC derives the
dependencies it names the object file for the Main module to Main.o and
not filename.o as it does if I don't specifiy an odir. This gives me two
problems, first I cannot have more than one Main module in the same
directory as I often need, e.g. for different test programs. The second
problem is that it doesn't match my compile command which always names
the object files after the the source files by just changing extensions
from .hs to .o. So gmake does not recognize dependencies from my Main
modules to other modules.

I am stuck here. Any ideas?