GHC Performance Tsar

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:50:40 CET 2012

I'm particularly interested in parallel performance in the >8 core space.
 (In fact, we saw some regressions from 7.2->7.4 that we never tracked down
properly, but maybe can now.)

If the buildbot can make it easy to add a new "slave" machine that runs and
uploads its result to a central location, then I would be happy to donate a
few hours of dedicated time (no other logins) on a 32 core westmere
machine, and hopefully other architectures soon.

Maybe, this use case is well-covered by creating a jenkins/travis slave and
letting it move the data around?  (CodeSpeed looks pretty nice too.)

Cheers,
  -Ryan