Mailing list reorganisation

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Tue Dec 11 16:04:34 CET 2012

Hi all,

Following a recent discussion, we propose to reorganise the GHC-related
mailing lists so that we end up with:

    glasgow-haskell-users
        For user discussions

    ghc-devs
        For developer discussions

    ghc-commits
        For automated commit messages from the git repositories

    ghc-builds
        For automated nightly build reports

    ghc-tickets
        For automated messages from trac

We would remove
    cvs-ghc cvs-libraries cvs-other glasgow-haskell-bugs
but leave the archives in place, and for now forwarding messages to
cvs-* to ghc-devs, and glasgow-haskell-bugs to ghc-tickets.
(cvs-libraries and cvs-other are included in this list, because we think
they are mainly used by libraries that GHC HQ maintains, or by GHC's
lagging repos of libraries that other people maintain).

The initial subscriber lists for ghc-devs, ghc-commits and ghc-builds
would be the union of the subscribers of cvs-ghc, cvs-libraries and
cvs-other. For ghc-tickets it would be the subscriber list for
glasgow-haskell-bugs.

Does that sound reasonable? Does anyone have any further questions or
comments?

Thanks
Ian