How to start with GHC development?

Tim Watson watson.timothy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:24:02 CET 2012

I'm in a very similar position. Have some background knowledge and would love to contribute to ghc in the future hut the barrier to entry is pretty high even though I've some familiarity with compiler theory, have a long history with functional languages like ml/ocaml and a background in c that might mean contributing to the runtime system in the future could be an area where I make myself useful.

More pointers to resources and research materials would be most helpful.

Tim