Haskell Dynamic Loading with -fllvm

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:27:23 CET 2012

On 12/12/12 18:03, David Terei wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> So dynamic libraries should be supported on a few platforms but not
> all, not as many as the NCG. Support also varies from LLVM version.
> What platform and version of LLVM are you trying to utilize? And
> specifically what flags are you using?

Also I believe even if it works, the code that LLVM generates for
-dynamic is not very good.  This is because it makes every symbol
reference a dynamic reference, whereas the NCG only makes dynamic
references for symbols in other packages.  It ought to be possible to
fix this by using the right symbol declarations (I'm guessing, I haven't
looked into it).