How to start with GHC development?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 14 15:44:19 CET 2012

This thread has made it clear that we should do more to help people find a "way in" to GHC.  Here is what I have done:

*         Started a GHC Reading List page<http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ReadingList>, giving background reading.  It's just a start; there are many gaps. I would love it if you would all help fill it out.  It's a wiki.

*         Amplified the Working on GHC<http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/WorkingConventions> page.  Again, please help make it more useful.  It's a wiki.

What else would help?   If the answer is X, can anyone help do X?

Thanks

Simon